With ego – compact semi submarine – is submerged, with large panoramic windows on the front and sides providing a unique vista onto the underwater world.
• you don’t have to take complicated training. With only 5 minutes, you can easily learn how to operate ego.
• why is this called a semi-submarine? The entire boat is not submerged, but it’s more like a pontoon boat with a transparent waterproof compartment hanging from the middle
• ego always stays afloat with the only central hull submerged the buoyancy comes from the floating hulls.
• the central cabin below the surface is equipped with large panoramic windows on the front and both sides.
• lay on the 4m (13ft) floating hull to enjoy tanning leisurely and have a sweet time on the deck with your lover.
• the swimming platform is your own beach surrounded by nature and see.
• driven by 100% electric motors. Ego emits no environmentally harmful pollutants and is very quiet. Allows us to appreciate aquatic ecosystem without any destruction.
• the south korean-developed craft was unveiled at the 2011 miami international boat show
• the submerged cabin has two seats, a joystick to steer and other controls including an lcd screen connected to a high-resolution camera on deck allowing the operator to see what’s happening on the surface while navigating safely from below.
• and a remote control device allows ego to be operated from on deck for navigation in tight areas and docking.
• the depth of the water can be monitored via a sonar depth sounder installed at the bottom of the central hull, with an alarm system to warn where the water is not deep enough to explore safely.
• fully charged, you’ll get eight hours running time out of it, although there is little chance of breaking any world records since maximum speed at half load is 3 knots (5.5 kmh/3.5mph) with a cruising speed of 2 knots.
• the price for the ego-se 450 is just shy of $50,000, with a number of optional extras available including towing trailer, custom-built bimini top, spray shield and, vitally, a pair of ego cup holders, to complete the jet set experience.