Admit it, aren’t you just a little bit bored with those travel posts that ooh and ahh over far away lands as though the streets are paved with cheese and no one has heard of income tax? Sure, there are plenty of reasons to get outside your front door, but can we please stop pretending that there aren’t some destinations out there that just aren’t worth the trip. Fortunately for us happy few cynics, several people have taken to Trip Advisor to let people know just exactly how worthless some of these international destinations really are. Take, for example, these tourists who have taken to the popular site to decry the many mediocre destinations on offer in Scotland.
1. This Brave Soul Who Wants to Warn People About Edinburgh’s Drug Problem
2. Clearly, Duart Castle Needs a Few Flat Screen TVs, and This Person Is Strong to Say So
3. You Have to Wonder if An Elevator Would Have Had Any Impact on This Review
Also, you know this review was written by an American. You just know it.
4. This Person Who Wished the Ring of Brodgar Had Built a Jungle Gym
5. This Unimpressed Individual Who Has Also Never Heard of a Cemetery Before Going to the Glasgow Necropolis
He think all his old pets and relatives are living on a great, little farm in the country.
6. This Person’s Review of the Kelpies Is Moot the Moment They Forget the Difference Between ‘There’ and ‘They’re’
7. This Tourist Who Wished the World Class Nature On Offer at Glencoe Had a Gift Shop
8. Just Buy Another Ticket, Buddy, I Understand the Ghosts at the Scotland Street Museum Only Show Up During the Evening Tours
9. This Person Who Visited Dunnottar Castle Without Understanding What a ‘Ruin’ Is
10. This Review of Neist Point Leaves Me Utterly Dumbfounded
It really makes you wonder how much potential joy this OP is missing out on … at least for a few moments until you’re wracked by the stupidity of these words.
11. This Guy Who’s Willing to Defend His Girlfriend’s Honor After a Trip to Ben Nevis
Nothing at the top except for the super boring breathtaking view, of course.
12. If Anything the National War Museum Just Talks Too Much About Scotland’s Military History
13. The Dual Cuillins Are Apparently Just Mountains … Who Knew?
14. This Person Who Critiques Hundreds of Years of Priceless Art in the Burrell Collection With the Incisiveness of a Fourteen-Year-Old
15. This Person Who Thought the Royal Mile Was Just Another Stretch of BS
16. Can You Imagine Building Something Like the Glasgow Botanic Gardens and Then Just Filling it With a Bunch of Plants?
17. This Fella Who Wasn’t Aware That Nessie Doesn’t Make Scheduled Appearances at Loch Ness
18. Okay, But in Fairness to Loch Lomond, McDonald’s Fries Are Really Delicious
19. Don’t Blame It on Scone Palace, Tourist; Everywhere in the World Is Basically Just a Building Which Have Some Furniture and Paintings in It
Were you expecting laser tag or something?
20. The Fairy Pools Really Should Provide Actual Fairies If They Don’t Want to Disappoint People
21. Okay, Mockery Aside, This Is a Legitimately Courteous Warning That All Should Heed Before Heading to the Museum of Piping
Bagpipe music is no joke, man.
22. This Person Who Was Hoping For Hand Rails at the Prehistoric Village at Skara Brae
23. Imagine A Historic Landmark Like Urquhart Castle to Not Be in Totally Mint Condition
24. This Traveler Who Thought Arthur’s Seat Might Have a Throne
25. Sorry, But the Queen Doesn’t Do Guided Tours at Holyrood Palace
She’s too busy doing that at Buckingham.
26. What Exactly Were You Expecting From Ancient Eilean Donan Castle?
27. Nothing Gets Past This Tourist Who Expected More From the Falls of Dochart
28. The Edinburgh Dungeon Should Really Be More Accommodating To Its International Visitors
Another one that you just know was written by an American. Really makes you proud.