Travelers, Let Us Right Your Wrongs
Think you’re an experienced traveler who knows how to handle a trip like a pro? Well, there’s always room for improvement. We’ve compiled a list of handy hints and hacks that can make your life on the road a little easier. After all, even relaxing vacations can be stressful if something goes wrong (as it often does). From packing pointers to airplane reservation tips to what to do if you forget your phone charger (argh!), we got you covered. Check out our quick video below, and you will avoid some of these common pratfalls.
Have You Made These Travel Mistakes Before?
Here’s a transcript of the video, plus a few other pointers to help you travel smoothly.
- You wrap your belt around the edge of your suitcase? Wrong! Use your belt to keep shirt collars crisp.
- You reserve two seats next to each other on a plane. Wrong! Reserve the aisle and window seat. If nobody shows, you’ll get the full row, but if somebody does, they’ll likely switch.
- You forget to take your phone charger. Wrong! Don’t EVER forget to take your charger! If you do though, charge it through the T.V’s USB.
- You forget to take your phone charger again! Wrong Again! Ask the receptionist. Hotels often have a stash of chargers in the lost and found.
- You assume your passport is valid until it expires. Wrong! Some countries require 3 or 6 months validity or a full blank page before letting you in. Know before you go.
- You store all your reservations and tickets on your phone. Wrong! Print a backup as you never know when a dead battery, bad Wi-Fi or other glitch will cut you off.
- You’re all thumbs when taking selfies. Wrong! Use the + button on your headphones.
- You don’t bother to inform your credit card company about your travels. Wrong! They may flag your suspicious charges and cut you off.
- You always have a mad dash to get to the plane in time. Wrong! Start your journey well ahead of time and relax.
Do you have any other travel hacks you can share with us?
Let us know in the comments below.